Briar Patch Stables and Farm offers a clean, safe environment, close to trails with the convenience of a full-size outdoor riding ring and large round pen for working with your horse. Other facilities include: a wash rack with heated water, a foaling stall (we have experience in birthing), a tack room, and a rest room.
- Outdoor riding arena – large enough to setup jumps
- Round pen – large enough to canter
- Wash rack with heated water
- Foaling stall
- Tack room
- Rest room
- Competitive pricing
- Owner lives on-site
- Coarse sawdust – low dust factor
- Farrier, vet, and trainers are available
- You may also bring your own farrier, vet, and trainers
New boarders are required to have a present health certificate and a negative Coggins test.
"Providing a safe and healthy environment for every horse boarded at Briar Patch Stables is always a concern of Camille's. She takes the health of each horse seriously and works closely with me to ensure that any needs are met adequately and in a timely manner."
Dr. John Freeland
Asheville Equine Hospital
- All stalls have rubber mats (rubber mats help keep stalls clean and are easy on your horse’s legs and back). Stalls are cleaned every day.
- Safe, daily turnout
- High quality hay and grain fed twice a day. Grain is a health blend of oats, corn, alfalfa pellets, and soy and is low in molasses
- Neat, clean environment
- Knowledgeable caretakers, owner lives on the farm
- Transportation available
- Large pasture with safe fencing
- Run-in shed / shelter
- Quality grazing – lime fertilized
- Free-choice hay in the winter
- Heated water in the winter
Riding lessons available: Instructor also teaches The Parelli method of horse training.
About the Owner
Camille Riley has been involved with horses for over 50 years as a rider, trainer, and breeder. She has reduced her own personal herd, and now offers the excellent facilities she has available to a few boarders. Come and enjoy the friendly, experienced atmosphere here at Briar Patch Stables!
Briar Patch Stables and Farm is located in Mills River, North Carolina. Our location is convenient for folks in Asheville, Hendersonville, and Brevard. The WNC Agricultural Center is just 5 miles away, while the Turkey Pen is 3.5 miles. We are also a short drive away from the DuPont Forest, Biltmore Trails and the Mills River Trails.
From Asheville - approximately 16 miles: Follow I-26 East 9.4 miles to Exit 40 (Hwy 280, Asheville Airport). Turn right at top of ramp onto Route 280 and go west approximately 6.9 miles. Turn right on Forge Mountain Road and go to the first drive on the right.
From Hendersonville - approximately 10 miles: Take US 25 North (Asheville Hwy) to Haywood Rd (Hwy 191), turn left and follow Hwy 191 about 7 miles to Hwy 280. Turn left onto Hwy 280, go approximately 2 miles and turn right on Forge Mountain Road. The stables are located at the first drive on the right.
From Brevard - approximately 12 miles: Go east on Us 64 about 3.4 miles to the intersection with Hwy 276, continue strait on Hwy 280 east about 9 miles. Turn left onto Forge Mountain Road, go to first drive on the right.